Irving, TX 75063 US
Lone Star Staffing is seeking an eager QA Supervisor in the city of Irving, TX! This position is for someone with strong communication skills and work-ethic. If you're looking to grow within a company, apply now!
Job Title: QA Supervisor
Salary: $48, 500 | Shift: TBD
Job Purpose: The Quality Assurance Supervisor will maintain and supervise Quality Assurance procedures in Food manufacturing operations of Ready to Eat Products. Kitchen QA Supervisor will help oversee applications of the comprehensive quality and food safety programs as well as being point of contact for any regulatory inspections.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (may include but are not limited to the following)
- Responsible for the Kitchen QA team during processing, which verifies GMP s, HACCP, Risk Based Preventive Controls, Allergen Control and SSOP s.
- Help train associates in kitchen policies, departmental procedures and duties.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Customers minimum vendor requirements of Food Safety, Strict Personal Hygiene, Product Specifications throughout the entire Kitchen and verifying proper completion of required, Kitchen QA documentation.
- Assist in researching and updating state Food Code Regulations and maintaining Public Health Inspection Reports.
- Reports: Kitchen QA Technicians, Sanitation Lead
- Regular interaction with: Kitchen & Cheese Production Supervisors, Kitchen and Cheese Production Supervisors, National QA Manager as well as Kitchens/QA GM, Cheese GM, National Kitchen Manager, R&D Supervisor.
Education and/or Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience in Food QA
- HACCP certification
- Allergen, GMP training preferred
- SQF Practitioner, Food Defense Coordinator, PCQI
- Assure that Minimum Vendor GMP and Food Safety Requirements are met
- Conduct internal audits of kitchen operations and maintain 3rd party audit preparedness
- Conducts timely investigations of all customer store complaints
- Point of contact for all regulatory agencies, including but not limited to FDA, USDA, State, County and City Health inspectors.
Education and/or Experience:
- HACCP Certification
- Food Defense Certification
- SQF Practitioner
- College Degree in Food Science/ Microbiology or similar
- Strong computer skills required;with knowledge in MS Office, Excel and WMS system literacy
- WMS/Gold system literacy.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to manage and lead a diverse workforce.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to work in spaces with 72 inches of headroom.
- This is a refrigerated working environment with inside controlled temperatures of 32F 36F degrees Fahrenheit and inside ambient temperatures (including heat and cold)
- Requires tolerance of standing posture up to 2 hours, over an 8-hour shift
- Occasionally work overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to complete work.