Irving, TX 75063 US
Now Hiring Maintenance Supervisor in Irving, TX
Pay: $47, 500k- $50k
Job Purpose: Under direction of the Maintenance Manager, supervises and assigns the work of maintenance employees in the general maintenance and upkeep of buildings, grounds, and equipment. Supervise the day-to-day activities of the
maintenance employees. Responsible for maintaining electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and related systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure housekeeping and cleanliness of all work areas. Ensure products
are placed in the proper receptacles. Ensure dock areas, outside dock
areas, aisles, break areas, bathrooms and shipping offices are organized,
clean, free of debris, and in good working condition.
- Determine material, equipment, and supplies to be used. Transfer
equipment and personnel from one project to another as necessary.
- Make periodic inspections of assigned facilities to determine condition;
diagnose problems and initiate necessary actions.
- Plan and schedule routine maintenance. Establish work priorities.
- Maintain equipment and materials; perform complex repair and
- Supervise staff of skilled and semi-skilled workers in maintenance such
as, painting, carpentry, plumbing, heating, air-conditioning, electrical and
- Inspect work for completeness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Eighteen months of education and training beyond high school level in
general maintenance and repair, or a closely related area.
- Two years experience in general maintenance or other maintenance
responsibilities that would include the ability to recognize electrical,
plumbing, and mechanical malfunctions or equipment failures.
Education and/or Experience:
- 2 years technical school and 3 years experience in closely related field
- Strong English skills, reading, written and verbal
- Experience in Microsoft Windows and Office software
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management. Must be able to
manage and lead a diverse workforce.
- Ability to make independent decisions as needed.
- Solve problems with little direction
- Demonstrate ability to examine the logical relationships between
conclusions and their supporting assertions.
- Must be able to draw conclusions from facts and evidence.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting up to 30lbs
- Standing for long periods at a time
- Climbing stairs, plenty of walking
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a Distribution Center environment with a variation of