Irving, TX 75063 US
Lone Star Staffing is seeking an HR Supervisor to join their team in the city of Irving, TX! The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills, problem-solving abilities, and attention to detail with a strong work-ethic. Apply Now!
Job Title: HR Supervisor | Salary: $48, 500 | Shift: TBD
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide technical support in the following areas:
- Manage the selection of promotions and placements
- Employee orientation, development, and training-Manages established training programs
- Employee Relations-Establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation
- Provide and develop strong working relationships with executives, management and staff, providing advice, guidance and coaching as needed.
- Ensure proper labor law compliance-stay updated with all law revisions
- Updates HRO system with all new hires
- Coordinate performance management program by ensuring performance expectations are being set and policy guidelines are being met, conducted effectively and on a timely manner
- Facilitate effective and timely communication between all levels of employees
- Work closely with the temporary agencies on sites to ensure that the policies and procedures are being adhere to
- Serve as a backup in the processing of payroll
- Investigate and respond to employee complaints and EEOC charges
- Implement and apply company policies and procedures
- Monitor Distribution Center environment and notify management of issues/concerns
- Completion and submission of all unemployment information to the state in a timely manner. Representation of the Company when appropriate at all unemployment hearings and tribunals
- Professional support of the safety programs developed by the Safety Manager and administrative support of all Workers Compensation Programs with Liberty Mutual
- Serve as a resource to employees for answering general benefit questions. Assist with open enrollment process
- Track compliance of new hires/pay ranges
- Supervision of the daily activities of the HR staff
- Ensure all I-9 forms are completed and accurate for all current and past employees
- Maintain Distribution Center organization charts
- Prepare, recommend and maintain records and procedures for controlling personnel transactions and reporting personnel data changes of status
- Stay current on recent federal, state and local employment law changes and monitor labor law updates for changes that affect HR
- Administer exit interviews, monitor findings, recommend changes and evaluate effectiveness
- Implement, oversee and monitor the effectiveness of distribution center training initiatives. Conduct training sessions on various HR topics if needed
- Conduct new employee orientation
- Provide advice and counsel on personnel issues. Investigate and coordinate the resolution of employee issues and conflicts in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- A bachelor s degree in human resource science or general business administration with a concentration in human resource management preferred.
- Minimum 6 years of previous hands-on HR generalist and Management experience required. This includes recruitment (direct hire and temps), benefits administration, payroll administration, employee/labor relations and safety/worker's compensation preferably within a warehouse/production environment
- A combination of excellent communication, writing, and software skills (with a high proficiency in EXCEL) is also required
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is preferred with the ability to read, write, and speak both languages at the college level
- Knowledge of State and Federal labor laws
- Strong computer skills required;i.E., All Microsoft Office, (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to manage and lead a diverse workforce.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting up to 10lbs
- Sitting at a computer for long periods of time
- Climbing stairs
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a Distribution Center environment with a variation of temperatures.